Here’s how to get the best deals at REI’s Get Up and Get Out Sale. I’ve been an REI member since the mid 70’s. To prep for the sale I usually do a 1 to 2 hour visit to my local REI Store, and then some extensive research online to find even more great lightweight hiking and backpacking gear. The result is the following 2018 Lightweight Hiker’s Guide to the REI Sale:
- EVENT: 2018 REI Get Up and Get Out Sale. Save up to 30% off
- Members save: 20% off one full price item, and an extra 20% off on one REI Outlet Item. Use coupon code: GEARUP2018
- PEAK DEALS: Save up to 50% off Peak Deals. (Look for offers added on 11/9 & 11/12)
- Sale Dates: Friday Nov 9 to Monday Nov 19 so get there early and look around to get the best selection.
My strategy to get the best out of the REI sale is to use the following sequence:
- Go first to my top 12 Pics for the REI Sale Items below. The best items on sale will go quickly.
- In this post I’ve listed some key gear where 20% off would be most welcome it’s a good starting place. But look over the entire REI non-outlet site for more expensive full priced items. Use your 20% off one full price item coupon to save money on that expensive item you’ve wanted that never goes on sale.
- Lastly, hit the REI OUTLET to use your 20% off any one OUTLET item. Stuff goes fast and sizes/colors are limited to begin with. And do some searching. If you’re a small or very large person, you can totally score here. Keep in mind that something labeled “men” might be good for women, and vice versa.
Finally, this Sale Guide equally includes links to Men’s and Women’s items whenever possible. This makes sense since my wife, Alison is my favorite backpacking, climbing and adventuring partner and she and other women deserve the best!
Oh and do get out there and enjoy! Happy trails to all of you. -alan & alison
Lightweight Hiker’s Guide to the REI Sale
This post contains affilate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the these links, a slight portion of the sale helps support this site at no additional cost to you. I am never under an obligation to write page post a review about any product. Finally, this post expresses my own independent opinion.