Oboz Sawtooth II Low
True Hiking Shoe
Weight: 15.0 ounces (Men’s 9)
Trail Use: Very good
Off Trail Use: Very good
Stack Height Heel/Toe: Unavailable
Heel-to-Toe Drop: 15mm
Fit: True to size
What We Like: A solid shoe for extra support, traction, and durability
Long-Distance Comfort: 2.5
Oboz fans are fans for life – people tend to either love them or hate them. The construction of these Oboz Sawtooth II Low shoes is unique, with a stiff heel counter and wider toe box. The heel counter is designed for more support and to keep your feet from sliding around (which creates blisters), but this can take a long time to break in. The wider toe box allows your feet the room to swell or spread out on varied terrain, and keeps your upper foot from feeling pinched.
The high heel to toe drop (15mm) will feel challenging for those used to low drop shoes, but it does help lessen the impact, and will be helpful if carrying a heavy load. The rugged outsole offers plenty of protection and traction, allowing the wearer to move confidently on or off trail. These shoes are extremely durable, but lack breathability and may become uncomfortable on excessively long or hot days. We recommend these shoes for hikers or backpackers who don’t mind extra weight on their feet in exchange for excellent stability, traction, and durability with the Oboz Sawtooth II Low.
Read our complete guide | Best Hiking Shoes
- Excellent traction, these shoes will perform on or off trail
- Proprietary insole provides extreme comfort and a snug fit
- Extremely durable shoes, will last for hundreds of miles
- Competitively priced when compared to similar models
- The fit of this shoe is very unique, not for everyone
- Break-in period can be very long for some
- Extremely heavy, it would be a challenge to move quickly
- Backpacking and hiking trips with a heavier pack
- People with “tricky” feet who don’t seem to jive with other shoes
- Moving with confidence through varied terrain
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the these links, a portion of the sale helps support this site at no additional cost to you. I do not receive compensation from the companies whose products are listed. For product reviews: unless otherwise noted, products are purchased with my own funds. I am never under an obligation to write a review about any product. Finally, this post expresses my own independent opinion.