Lightweight Hikers’ Guide to REI Members’ Sale 2020
Here’s how to get the best deals the REI Members’ Sale. I’ve been an REI member for almost 45 years and I still get excited about a REI Sale. To prep for the sale I usually do a 1 to 2 hour visit to my local REI Store, and then some extensive research online to find even more great lightweight hiking and backpacking gear. The result is our Lightweight Hiker’s Guide to the REI Sale:
- EVENT 2020 REI Members’ Sale: Dates 3/20-4/6 | Members Get 20% off one full price item and 20% off one REI OUTLET Item Use CODE: MEMPERKS2020
- PLUS: 3/20 – 3/26 | 25% Off All REI Co-op Brand Items* *Excludes Co-op Cycles Bikes + FREE Shipping on ALL Orders.
Below, I share with you my strategy to get the best out of the REI sale. This is in the following sequence
- Hit the REI OUTLET to use your 20% off any one OUTLET items like Osprey Packs or Big Agnes Tents. Stuff goes fast and sizes/colors are limited to begin with.
- Hit the Regular REI Sale Items See our Regular Sale picks below. There’s a section below that has Regular Sale Items I thought were good. The best items on sale will go quickly.
- Shop Full-price Items. This is the last area I would look over but Full-price Items like a Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 & 3400 Southwest Pack, an Osprey Exos Pack or a Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad that might give you the most dollar savings. Again in a section below, I have noted some high priced items where 20% off would be welcome, as well as some lower cost options.
Short on time? Here are some key picks for great gear deals that should appeal to most lightweight hikers and backpackers. Best, they are already on sale so you can save your 20% Off One Regular Price Item for something else that meets your fancy. The best items on sale will go quickly. So if you wait too long, you may not get your choice of size, model or color, or it might just sell out.
This post contains affilate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the these links, a slight portion of the sale helps support this site at no additional cost to you. I am never under an obligation to write page post a review about any product. Finally, this post expresses my own independent opinion.