Ultralight Backpackers Guide to REI Gear Up Get Out Sale 2020
Here’s how to get the best deals at the REI Sale. I’ve been an REI member for over 40 years and I still get excited about an REI Sale. To prep for this sale, in addition to our knowledge of REI’s lightweight and ultralight gear inventory, we did a bunch of research online to find even more hiking and backpacking gear on sale. And now that it is limited, in-store shopping we actually paid a visit to our local REI store for hands-on research and bought a few items we’d been meaning to check out.
Take a Break from Cabin Fever
Especially this year, it’s important to have the right gear and clothing to get the most out of your outside time and get a break from cabin fever — our outdoor trips this year have been some of our most cherished times.
- EVENT 2020 REI Gear Up Get Out Sale: Dates 11/13-11/23 | Save up to 30% off on select items
- PLUS Members Get 20% off one Full Price Item Use CODE: GEARUP2020
- PLUS Members Get 20% off one REI OUTLET Item Use CODE: GEARUP2020
Our Sale Strategy
Below, we share with you our strategy to get the best out of the REI sale. Here is the sequence we follow:
- Hit the REI OUTLET to use your 20% off any one OUTLET items like Osprey Packs, Tent Deals, or Outlet Clothing Deals. Stuff goes fast and sizes/colors are limited to begin with.
- Hit the Regular REI Sale Items See our Regular Sale picks below. There’s a section below that has Regular Sale Items I thought were good. The best items on sale will go quickly.
- Shop Full-price Items. This is the last area I would look over for a sweet 20% off deal on something like a:
- Hyperlite Mountain Gear 2400 & 3400 Southwest Pack, an
- Osprey Exos Pack or a
- Therm-a-Rest NeoAir XLite Sleeping Pad
- Or other cool gear that might give you the most dollar savings for your 20% off coupon! Again th the full price section below, I have noted some high priced items where 20% off would be welcome, as well as some lower cost options.
You won’t want to miss these great deals. When they’re gone, they are gone. Buy early to make sure you get the size and color you want.
Short on time? Here are some key picks for great gear deals that should appeal to most lightweight hikers and backpackers. The best items on sale will go quickly. So if you wait too long, you may not get your choice of size, model, or color, or it might just sell out. And we’ll be adding more items to this guide during the sale, so be sure to check back from time to time for new deals as we add them.
This post contains affilate links. If you make a purchase after clicking on the these links, a slight portion of the sale helps support this site at no additional cost to you. I am never under an obligation to write page post a review about any product. Finally, this post expresses my own independent opinion.